If you love your car then it is pretty normal for owners like you to provide upgrades and improvements for it. One of the easiest upgrades that you can do is to install the best window tint for your car.
Most cars these days are built with clear glass windows which makes the driver feel like their privacy is being intruded. That being said, many car owners are now installing car tints on windows so as to mask the clear glass and avoid the sense that everyone can see you.
This also provides the driver privacy and of course, protection from the heat of the sun’s ray which can lead to impaired vision if you keep driving with bare windows.
Now don’t get all excited, there are certain states or cities that don’t allow cars to have tinted windows. That is why it is important that you know the local regulations regarding tinted car windows so you don’t get in trouble.
Related Article: 5 Best Competition Speaker
Selecting The Best Window Tint To Purchase With Reviews
- Selecting The Best Window Tint To Purchase With Reviews
- 1. Black Magic, Insta Cling, Jumbo 5%
- 2. OxGord Car Window Tinting
- 3. Gila 2.5% VLT Xtreme Limo Black
- 4. Lexen 20” X 10Ft. Roll 35% Medium Shade Window Tint
- 5. 30% Shade Color 24 inches by 10 Feet
- 6. Total Blackout Window Film
- 7. RABBITGOO 3D Window Films Privacy Film
- 8. Coavas Window Film Non Adhesive
- 9. LEXEN Computer Pre-Cut Complete Tint
- 10. Velimax Static Cling Blackout Window Tint
- 11. FILMGOO One Way Window Film
- 12. Blackout Window Film Light Blocking Glass Film
- 13. Total Blackout Window Film 100%
- 14. LEXEN Universal Sun Strip Pre-Cut Limo Shade
- 15. HIDBEA Privacy Window Film
- How to Install a Pre-Cut Window Tint
You must know what the legal shade limits for windows tints are. This way you can also see what you need to do in case you do decide to have your windows tinted.
Finding a reliable window tint is not hard to do. So in order for you to decide which ones work best, we have collected five of the best brands you can buy for your car that you can choose from.
1. Black Magic, Insta Cling, Jumbo 5%
For the first car tint that we have, we give you Black Magic. This is made by the Auto Expressions Professional Tint Film and is hailed to be one of the best quality tints for car windows, trucks and even at home.
You can easily use this one by pressing it on as it holds almost instantly even without any adhesive needed. It is also removable and reusable so you don’t have to waste it. This car tint comes in various degrees and shades of black.
The films with lower number indicate darker shades while higher numbers indicate lighter ones. Upon installation, you will need a utility knife, spray bottle, a straight razor and a professional squeegee. This tint can last a long time and has quality results. It is also metalized and is resistant to scratches.
Why You Will Like It:
- It’s easy to install.
- You can reuse it.
- It is resistant to scratch.
- It’s durable and clings really well.
- It works well.
- Its quality material sold at a cheap price.
- This tint can be used even at home.
Why You Won’t Like It:
- It’s way darker than the normal tint.
- Sticks for a day or two then it fall out.
- Easily peels off if left under the sun for too long.
2. OxGord Car Window Tinting
If you have a car, van or motorcycle that needs tinting then we recommend our second window tint for you. This product is made by OxGord automotive parts so you know that they are using only high quality materials so you know that this is a durable window tint to use.
This tint is long enough to use for an average side glass on a vehicle. It can be installed with the use of a sharp razor and a piece of hard plastic so you can remove any bubbles or water underneath the foil. However you can always hire a professional car tint expert to install it for you if you wish to get the best results.
Why You Will Like It:
- It looks stylish on your car.
- It can cling on the windows well.
- It helps protect you from UV rays and heat.
- It is peel proof.
- Does not turn purple after some time.
- It can be used in your home as well as other places that need tinting.
- It is affordable.
Why You Won’t Like It:
- Customers have complained about torn packages and damages on the tint. Ask for replacement from the company if this happens to you.
- It unpeels after a few days.
- The tint film is really thin and easily tears.
3. Gila 2.5% VLT Xtreme Limo Black
Another excellent window tint to look for belongs to Gila. This tint is believed to be one of the darkest window tint that you can find in the market today as it is almost fully nontransparent. This type of tint is only used for selected models of cars which is why it is considered to be one of the best tints you can find in the market today.
Most of the vehicles that use this type of tinting are limousines as well as other professional cars that is designed with such privacy. It is made of good and quality materials that are very good in protecting you from UV rays. It also has two years warranty from the company so you know that you can enjoy using this tint for a long time.
Why You Will Like It:
- It provides you with the darkest car window tint.
- It’s affordable and easy to use.
- It can cover two side windows of an average car or truck.
- It can be used in your home as well. In fact, it can cover one big glass window in your house.
- It’s great for those who prefer dark windows in their car.
Why You Won’t Like It:
- The film is too thin to use.
- There might be tinting laws you need to follow in your area as this is one of the darkest window tints one can use.
4. Lexen 20” X 10Ft. Roll 35% Medium Shade Window Tint
If you are looking for a window tint with medium shade then this is the one for you. The tint used in Lexen is enough for the tint allowed in most states and countries however it is dark enough so you are protected from extreme heat and UV rays.
It is also easy to install as all you need is a sharp cutter and hard plastic to squeeze water when installing it. It’s affordable and is about 10 feet in length so you can use as much as you can.
Why You Will Like It:
- It’s medium in shade so you don’t have to deal with something that may not be allowed in your city or state.
- It’s pretty long so you can use a lot.
- It can protect you from harmful rays of the sun.
- It’s easy to install.
- It’s good for various uses.
Why You Won’t Like It:
- It may not be the ideal tint for some car models like limousines etc.
- The tint film appears too thin.
5. 30% Shade Color 24 inches by 10 Feet
For our last window tint comes with five different shades that you can choose from. You can choose from 50% to 5% VLT index that are all very helpful when it comes to protecting you from UV rays. The also has good heat reducing abilities and does not reflect light easily.
It is great for cars and windows in your homes. The materials used for this tint does not easily turn purple, more like dark gray which is perfect for drivers.
Why You Will Like It:
- It can easily fit any flat glass surface.
- It can be applied easily with the help of its application kit.
- It is sold at an affordable price.
- It’s not too dark to use.
- Best foil for amateur car owners and home applications
Why You Won’t Like It:
- There could be problems with adhesion of the foil.
- It is not pre-cut so you need to cut it on your own.
Top Post Today: Best 12 Inch Subwoofer
6. Total Blackout Window Film
If you are in search of the best window tint that would make your room very dark as night time during the hot sun of the day then this is just the right product for you as the Total Blackout window film is one product you should not overlook when you hit the market. This window tint is designed to even be darker than most curtains and this is even the more reason why this window tint is the perfect choice for sleeping.
It is the perfect window tint to have in baby nursery and having a super static cling makes it very easy for one to remove or apply this window tint from any surface without having to worry if it would leave behind any residual trace. It comes with a piece of information which would guide you on its installation process.
- Very easy to fix this window tint
- This window tint is very effective as its dark feature seems very opaque
- Very effective in blocking out light
- The best window tint for night workers
- Looks better than pictures
- tends to make the room quite hot
- Has the smell of a burning plastic
7. RABBITGOO 3D Window Films Privacy Film
With thousands of window tints on the market, it makes finding a good and reliable window tint quite difficult but not to worry as the RABBITGOD window tint is the ideal choice for you. It is one that doesn’t require the use of adhesives therefore eliminating the need to stick and peel, static cling and also the release of harmful chemicals. It is very easy to apply and also to take off without leaving residues and stickers behind.
This window tint can be used for various of applications such as for office windows, kitchen cabinet, sidelights, sliding doors and also for garage doors. This window tint helps in cutting down costs on energy as it would block out heat during the hot period but retain heat during cold weather conditions.
It also acts as a form of protection as it blurs view but keeps the room brightened.
- Simple installation process
- Has a unique shimmery appearance
- Promotes privacy
- Extremely lightweight
- Looks very professional
- No additional colors
- Doesn’t stick as it falls off easily
8. Coavas Window Film Non Adhesive
The Coavas Window Tint is one that comes with an instructional video to guide the public on how to install this window tint and it is one that offers you all the safety and freedom that you need as it has a privacy design. Its “no adhesive” feature is one feature that makes it the envy of other products on the market as it guarantees not leaving behind residues but the only tool it requires is water which would cause no form of harm.
Installing this window tint in your home or anywhere around you comes with numerous benefits and its ability to save heat during cold seasons and block heat during extreme hot weather conditions helps in saving energy bills. It would meet any of your special needs as it can be cut easily to match any of your needs.
- Pretty easy installation process
- The best option for privacy
- Has an affordable price
- Effective and works great
- Also very effective in the reduction of glare
- Inconsistent frosting and low quality window tint
- Doesn’t hold as it falls off sooner
- Not a good looking window tint
9. LEXEN Computer Pre-Cut Complete Tint
For any window type, this pre-cut window tint from LEXEN is one that you can actually settle for as it would be perfect for back glass, rear and front windows and also small cargo. Users would find this window tint very easy to install as it comes with a well detailed instruction to guide anyone on how to safely and easily install this window tint. Optimal protection is what users would benefit from this window tint as it would prevent harmful ultraviolet rays.
This window tint has one feature that makes it widely loved by most customers and that is due to its ability to remain resistant to scratches while its ability to retain its color for a lifetime and also its power to retain heat for use in winter seasons makes it the best choice for everyone.
- Comes at a very affordable price which helps in saving more money
- Requires the use of soapy water and not adhesives
- Makes windows look so much better
- Simple installation
- Fades quickly
- Its tint stretches and becomes slightly difficult to use
- Quite darker than expected
10. Velimax Static Cling Blackout Window Tint
The main ingredient needed in installing this window tint is soapy water and no adhesives as it makes installation very easy likewise removal of this window tint and when talking about safety, this is also one of the safest window tints that one can settle for as it is made using harmless and friendly materials which are of no threat to man and his environment.
This window tint actually does a two in one job as it would offer users privacy to enable them sleep and also block out unwanted sunlight.
Besides helping one sleep and blocking out sunlight, this window tint can also be trusted in the control of heat and this is also very instrumental in making sure that home furniture don’t fade easily. When applying or removing this window tint, it would leave no residues behind and that is one feature most customers love about this window tint.
- Best window tint for sleepers
- Leaves rooms darker and promotes privacy
- Has a simple to install process
- Made of decent quality materials
- Failed to stay in place
- Not large or wide enough for one window
11. FILMGOO One Way Window Film
This window tint is one that would minimize money spent on cooling and heating charges and it is also very effective in blocking out glare but not suitable for dual pane windows. This window tint has some ultraviolet solvents which were added to help block out a large amount of ultraviolet rays, reduce friction, prevents scratches and also limits the chances of fading.
Having a design that is free from glue means this window tint can be installed and removed with ease and less effort but all that is needed when installing this window tint is a lot of soapy water. This window tint is the ideal choice if you want privacy during the day while any side that has greater light reflection has a mirror like apperance.
- Brings about a feeling of safety
- This brand has the best customer service
- Maintains high level of privacy
- Good looking window tint
- Not a very effective product
- Difficult to install and unroll
12. Blackout Window Film Light Blocking Glass Film
The ability of this window tint to offer one hundred percent privacy and keep windows completely darkened is what makes it quite different and unique when compared with other products and it is the best window tint that can be used in baby homes and nursery’s as it is designed with the aim of preventing ultraviolet rays from invading homes and also destroying home furniture.
It features a design that does not involve the use of glue which makes installing and removing this window tint very easy and also cutting down on the release of harmful chemicals. With this window tint, you would spend less on air conditioning system and also experience great indoor comfort.
- Provides total blackout
- Has an easy mode of application
- Can also be used with fish and reptile tanks
- Effective at blocking out sunlight
- Comes in a small size
- Has a weird smell at first
13. Total Blackout Window Film 100%
This window tint is much more different from the rest as is exterior has a white finish compared to other that have dark finishes and having a white finish simply makes this window tint effective at boosting appearance and blocking out ultraviolet rays.
With this window tint, there is maximum assurance that you would be able to sleep sound and perfectly while its light blocking feature makes your room darker for better privacy.
Having a unique static cling design ensures that users can install and remove this window tint with ease and it would also leave behind no traces of residue when removing this window tint.
- Outstanding customer service support
- Can also be used for crime prevention purposes
- Promotes privacy by keeping rooms darkened
- Enables babies to sleep soundly
- Not so effective at blocking light during the day
- Doesn’t stay fixed when installed
14. LEXEN Universal Sun Strip Pre-Cut Limo Shade
If you need a good and reliable window tint for your car then this is just the best option for you as it is one that would perfectly fit any window size and this is one window tint that every car owner would love to have in his or her car as it features a curved shape which makes sure drivers have a better vision and a clear view.
This window tint comes in a black color and is very durable to fight back scratches. This window tint brings about privacy for users and also provides the interior of your car with the protection it deserves. It is also very effective in the prevention pf harmful ultraviolet rays.
- Works great when used in Sierra 18
- Easy application
- Comes with an instructional video for installation
- Fits perfectly well
- Peels off within few days of installation
15. HIDBEA Privacy Window Film
Having a glue free technology makes this window tint one of the easiest to apply and the premium quality materials used in designing and manufacturing this window tint makes it not only durable but also makes it very unique and exceptional when other window tints are compared with it. Total daytime privacy is one of the benefits that comes with the HIDBEA window film.
This window is also considered to be a cost effective one as it helps to save cost on air conditioning bills and also helping to save heat during cold weather condition while expelling heat during hot weather conditions. This window tint can be applied on sliding doors, kitchen doors, living rooms, lobby, office and more.
- Guarantees the provision of total privacy
- Requires less effort for installation
- Thick texture
- No need for chemicals but just only water
- Not effective at night
How to Install a Pre-Cut Window Tint
In case you don’t know, window tints come in pre-cut so it would be a lot easier for the car owner to use it. So in case you bought a window car tint and find that it is already pre-cut then don’t worry.
We will teach you how you can install one in no time, here’s how:
#1. First of all, gather all the tools you need for installation. You can find them easily around your home so you don’t have to purchase anything.
So before installing your window tint, get a sharp razor or knife (or whichever you prefer as long as it’s sharp enough), a hard piece of plastic or squeegee, spray bottle that is filled with detergent or washing liquid you can use, hot air gun or hair dryer, talcum powder and clean cloth.
#2. Once you have all the tools you need, clean the area of the window where you want the tint to be applied. Make sure that it is free from any dust, dirt or anything that can be trapped underneath the foil and ruin the results of the tint.
Get the spray bottle and spray the surface really well. Clean it with the dry cloth and make sure not to create lines when it dries.
#3. Apply the foil carefully on the glass surface and with the hard piece of plastic or squeegee, remove excess water or trapped air underneath the tint foil. Make sure to do it carefully and slowly.
When the air or water is out, the tint will cling even better. Make sure that there is no air or bubbles left so carefully inspect your work.
#4. Blow dry the surface with a hot air gun; the tint should be attached to the surface really well by now. However make sure that it should be a bit crinkled because when the hot air is blown on the surface, it will fall in place.
Take your time as you do this; do not overheat the foil as this could get wrinkled and ruin the tint. Check if there are any bubbles in your work.
#5. Once you are done installing the tint, do not wash your car for the next few days. This will allow the tint to fully bond on the glass and resistant to future washes.
So you see, you can choose any of the best window tint we have listed and if you plan on installing the car window tint on your own, make sure to follow these instructions.
If you don’t want to take the risk of ruining the tint, that’s okay. You can always hire a professional installer who can get the job done easy and fast. We hope you enjoyed this review.
TRENDING ARTICLE: Best Tire Shine
You can also see reasons why people want tinted windows here.