Introducing The Best Shallow Mount Subwoofer
- Introducing The Best Shallow Mount Subwoofer
- The Top 5 Best Shallow Mount Subwoofer to Buy
- 1. PIONEER TS-SW3002S4
- 2. MTX Audio FPR12-04
- 3. Rockford Fosgate R2S-1X10 Prime
- 4. Jl Audio 10tw3-d4 Shallow-mount 10
- 5. Alpine Swr-t12
- Places to Install your Subwoofers
- The Great Benefits of Shallow Mount Subwoofers
- So what do you do?
When it comes to car sounds, nothing says best as putting up the best shallow mount subwoofer system in your vehicle! These sound systems are created and designed to produce the best bass sound while remain compact.
They are also able to cover lower end range of frequencies that no smaller speakers can do. However, the kind of subwoofer you get will depend on the size and space that you have in your car.
If you have a vehicle that has limited room then you need to make sure that you get the right kind of subwoofer, otherwise it will be just a waste of money. In order to do that, we will help you pick out the right kind of subwoofer to install in your car and if you are ready, all you have to do is read this article.
The Top 5 Best Shallow Mount Subwoofer to Buy
1. PIONEER TS-SW3002S4
Is a radically thin subwoofer that Pioneer had developed with its latest subwoofer technology. This product is designed to keep the voice coil of the speaker aligned well while the car is moving. It is consist of Air Suspension Control System that locks the air between the main cones and drive cone.
So when the cones come together, the air is locked in which then acts like a spring resulting to consistent bass sound with accurate movement and powerful end notes. The build of this subwoofer is made to be durable and is able to withstand heavy sound without destroying or deteriorating the quality of the sound.
They have also incorporated their woven cloth reinforced radial urethane that reduced the distortion while it enhances the power handling and durability.
- It is designed to create the best bass sounds.
- It is designed to be durable.
- Gives you crisp and enhanced sound quality.
- Fits anywhere inside your car.
- It has excellent packaging.
- Great price for a shallow mount subwoofer.
- Too small for other users.
- Does not fit the standard 12 inches box hole.
2. MTX Audio FPR12-04
Our next contender is one of the best subwoofers produced by MTX Audio. This sub creates a healthy combination of its features and great sound quality that you need in a subwoofer. It is designed to be thing but can definitely produce great bass in your car even if your space is limited.
This is only about 3.3/8 inches deep so it can be mounted in a small enclosure of your choice. It handles about 400 watts RMS and is able to deliver a great performance compared to any other subwoofers you have used.
When it comes to durability and quality, this subwoofer is pretty well-designed, in fact, it is a unique piece of sound system. For one the cone is not attached to the spider so it makes the cone movement easy to control. It also gives you a curved design that connects to the surround system.
Furthermore it is well-engineered and allows the air to move freely so it generates higher sound pressure levels. It also features the Spider Plateau Venting which circulates air to the voice coil and helps eliminate the sound distortion which can be produced during excessive heating.
- Gives you stunning bass sounds.
- The speakers are great for a shallow mount.
- Works as expected.
- Can be mounted in your car easily.
- It’s worth every penny.
- Many customers are very happy with its performance.
- So far customers are happy with this subwoofer and not a lot of complaints were received.
3. Rockford Fosgate R2S-1X10 Prime
If you are someone who is looking for a good mount subwoofer that can produce big bass then this is the product you need. It is designed to 5 ¼ inches deep, this subwoofer has an enclosure that measures about 5/8 inch thick with medium density fiberboard.
This board is protected by a black rubber that carpeting that makes it long-lasting as well as durable. The enclosure for this subwoofer is 10 inches and can handle about 250 RMS. It also features the special elevated motor enclosures that let the subwoofer handle even the most extreme compact enclosures in your car.
- It hits the bass drum really clearly and lower tones still come through with a lot of power and clarity as well.
- It provides the right amount of bass.
- Can fit any enclosure well.
- It provides you with clear and crisp sounds.
- It is surprisingly loud.
- It is made of durable materials.
- Bigger than your regular subwoofer.
- Does not last a long time (6 months max).
- It’s cheap so it does not last a long time.
- Speaker sounds muffled and rattled over time.
4. Jl Audio 10tw3-d4 Shallow-mount 10
For our first subwoofer, JL audio surely knows how to get things done. This subwoofer is designed with very shallow mounting depth of 3.25 to 3.50 inches in measurement. It is also designed with long linear excursion capabilities and patented concentric tube architecture.
The frames are made of cast alloy so you know that this is durable yet light. It is designed with a combination of rugged polypropylene cones so the movements are reduced while the rubber around it allows long lasting movement.
The vents have no pole which makes mounting particularly close to the rear wall of its enclosure.
It also has small sealed enclosure volume requirements as well as motor design that is DMA-optimized. It also contains the floated cone attach method technology as well as mica-filled polypropylene.
- Works well in small spaced vehicles.
- Audio is amazing.
- Has a nice bass for a small size.
- The size makes this subwoofer the favorite among users.
- It can be installed easily.
- Good for your budget.
- Falls apart after a few months of use.
5. Alpine Swr-t12
For our next subwoofer, we give to you the Alpine Swr-t12. This may be a bit expensive for your taste but we assure you that it is worth every penny. For one the sound quality of this product is very consistent and there is practically no degradation in its performance.
It is designed to have high power handling and low-profile so as a result, it gives you the best bass. It can also fit into small spaces so you don’t have to worry about installing it. The depth of this subwoofer is about 3 ½ inches but the cone is designed to be as long as it’s counterparts.
- It’s easy to install.
- The sound of the bass is consistent.
- It’s very handy to use.
- It has the technology you need in a subwoofer.
- Designed to fit small areas of your car.
- It’s a bit expensive compared to other brands.
- It may not be ideal for those who are looking for larger subwoofers.
Places to Install your Subwoofers
If you are planning to install subwoofers in your car, know that there are at least two good places in your car where this can be installed:
- The trunk of your car – if you want big bass or feel loud music then this is the best place to install your subwoofers. It may be loud but it will not compromise the high quality of your music. Plus if you want something that attracts attention then this is the kind of place you would like your subwoofers to be.
- The rear deck – if you don’t like it too loud then this is the place to install your speakers. It is perfect for those who are aiming to hit the high and low notes of the music. They also add more dimension to the music, if you know what we mean.
The Great Benefits of Shallow Mount Subwoofers
Now before you make that purchase understand the benefits you can get from purchasing subwoofers first. For one these are light and portable so you can use it anywhere. They are also easy to mount compared to regular subwoofers.
So all you have to do is to install it anytime, remove it if you want and then transfer it to the spot that will suits you best. And if you are someone who enjoys music well then having this as part of your car will make driving a lot interesting.
Most of the time the bass and sound quality are among the main issues of shallow mount subwoofers. These can be easily distorted especially if the subwoofer is made by low-quality materials. There are also parts that could break easily and when they do, it could mean serious damage and repairs. This alone can be an inconvenient thing to have.
So what do you do?
Of course you have to make sure that you have selected the right kind of subwoofers. Keep in mind that there are plenty of choices to choose from. You must also make the right measurement and select from these sizes:
- 8 inches subwoofer – these produce fast paced sounds and is ideal for those who are into light or soft bass.
- 10 inches subwoofer – this is the most common size for subwoofers. They are known to be safe and well-rounded and can keep up with fast paced music.
- 12 inches subwoofer – this subwoofer is ideal for heavy bass as they can produce and cover deeper range of frequencies. However it does not work well with fast pace music like heavy metal or rock but works well with pop, club, rap or electro music.
- 15 inches subwoofer – if you want something that can make people’s ears bleed then this is the right choice.
To sum it all, you must choose the best shallow mount subwoofer according to your needs and to the type of music you are listening to. You can choose from our selections or search more for your own satisfaction.
You must also pick the right size if you wish to install one; having the right size of subwoofer and measurement of your car does wonders. So choose your subwoofer well and pair it with the best amplifiers and you are good to go. We hope you find this helpful, enjoy!