It is a fact that our cars are put to test on a daily basis. Not only do you use them to travel thousands of miles but factors like road conditions and weather can also contribute to the early demise of our vehicles.
However we can also do something to keep our vehicles in their top performance and absolute best. By keeping them checked on a regular basis and replacing worn out parts, you can keep your cars in good shape for many years to come.
In order to keep it running smoothly, it is important that you have quality engine oil that can withstand any high temperature and the best oil filters to keep this oil clean of any abrasive components.
- Knowing Oil Filters
- Top 5 Best Oil Filter For Synthetic Oil: With Reviews
- 1. Mobil 1 M1-110 Extended Performance Oil Filter
- 2. Royal Purple 10-2835 Extended Life Oil Filter
- 3. Bosch 3330 Premium FILTECH Oil Filter
- 4. ACDelco PF2232 Professional Engine Oil Filter
- 5. Fram PH7317 Extra Guard Passenger Car Spin-On Oil Filter
- Picking the Right Oil Filter
Knowing Oil Filters
Oil filters speaks for its name; they are basically filters made to filter out the oil used in your engine. There are two types of oil filters:
- Cartridge filers
- Enclosed canister filters or what they call spin-on filters.
Now the kind of filter you need will depend on the type of car you have. Keep in mind that buying the right kind of oil filter can do wonders for your engine and the performance of your vehicle.
Picking the wrong one can cause major oil leaks as well as low oil pressure and improper filtration of the oil. So if you need to know the kind of oil filters that are in the market today, let this article guide you.
Here are some good oil filters that you can buy today; make sure that you pick one according to the specs of your vehicle to avoid problems in the future.
Top 5 Best Oil Filter For Synthetic Oil: With Reviews
1. Mobil 1 M1-110 Extended Performance Oil Filter
This oil filter is one of the best sellers that you can find in the market today. This is because it provides your car with long-lasting performance compared to other oil filers.
It effectively removes any contaminants that you can find in oil with a 99.6% Multi-Pass Efficiency rating as well as advance synthetic fiber blend.
It can hold double the amount of contaminants compared to other types of oil filters. In fact, it has 28.0 grams capacity. It can also withstand operating pressure nine times than the normal. It helps in preventing dryness by removing any internal leakage during shutdown through the anti-drain back valve made of silicone.
- It’s very effective in filtering oil.
- It can last a long time.
- It works great on removing any leakage.
- It can work with all types of cars.
- It’s a bit expensive than other types of oil filters.
- It is lighter compared to other types of filters giving it a cheap feel.
- It is smaller than usual filters.
2. Royal Purple 10-2835 Extended Life Oil Filter
Another good oil filter that you can get for your car comes from Royal Purple. This filter has thicker shell which makes it stronger than others. It is designed with end-caps that is made from metal so you know for a fact that it will seal the filter nicely.
The center tube of this filter prevents it from collapsing once in use. It is made from 100% screen-back synthetic media that provides excellent filtration for oil. The heavy gauge steel back plate that is well needed for higher burst strength.
- It is made to be heavy duty.
- It can withstand heavy oil flow.
- It works well in removing particles.
- It helps optimize the flow of oil.
- It works on different types of vehicles.
- May or may not fit your car. Make sure to check your car’s oil filter first to see if it can fit well.
3. Bosch 3330 Premium FILTECH Oil Filter
Bosch is a name you can trust when it comes to car parts and one of the products they have is oil filter. The 3330 Premium FILTECH is a great product for vehicles thanks to its media screens that can filter out harmful contaminants as it protects your engines.
This filter is designed with strong steel base plates as well as housings that is very useful in preventing leaks, warpage and poor fitting. The anti-drain back valve is made from silicone.
It also ensures a good supply of clean oil whenever the car is being started. The gasket is highly lubricated which is designed to seal tightly yet easy to remove at the same time.
It also comes with double-locked rolled seams that form into a leak-free canister you can use. Basically it is one of the best filters for oil out there today.
- It is a very solid filter.
- It works well in filtering fragments.
- It is highly recommended by a lot of users.
- It fits really well and no signs of leakage.
- It’s budget-friendly.
- Orders may come incomplete. Contact your customer service for this issue.
- It may or may not fit certain car models.
4. ACDelco PF2232 Professional Engine Oil Filter
Another great filter to find in the market today belongs to ACDelco. The PF2232 is made with 98% multi-pass filtering efficiency at 25-30 microns filtering capacity which basically means it is very excellent in filtering oil.
The filter is also equipped with cellulose media that can trap 1/3 width of human hair making it possible to filter almost anything ensuring you that your car’s oil is free from any debris. The thermosetting adhesive seal is very helpful in holding the filter media in place.
The superior filter capacity is designed to provide consistent flow management as well as durability. Compared to other filters, the burst strength of this filter is five times stronger. So basically, it can withstand any operating pressures once the oil reaches the operating temperature making it even durable.
- It is made to be durable.
- It fits well.
- It provides excellent filtering.
- It’s cheaper compared to leading brands.
- The main complaint of customers is that they receive defective or missing parts. In case this happens to you, contact customer service immediately so your orders can be replaced.
5. Fram PH7317 Extra Guard Passenger Car Spin-On Oil Filter
The last on our list but definitely not the least belongs to Fram. Their PH7317 oil filter is an excellent choice for those who are looking for protection when going on long drives. This is because it has been proven that Fram can protect your engine up to 5,000 miles with the use of this oil filter.
It is engineered to be used even with conventional oils and is ideal when removing dirt from it. It is mainly designed for every day drivers that have regular maintenance on their cars. It is also proven to have 95% dirt-trapping efficiency.
- It does its job well, fits cars without issues.
- It is easy to use.
- It can remove dirt well.
- It provides long mileage.
- It’s cheap and good for those who are looking for quality filters.
- It grips the engine well.
- Customers have complained about rusted parts sent to them. Again if you have encountered the same problems, make sure to contact the company as early as possible.
Picking the Right Oil Filter
With the increasing number of companies making products for your car, it is possible to be confused when you are shopping for something as easy as oil filters. However, you can avoid this situation with these easy tips:
- First of all, you must check your car and see the kind of oil filter it has. If your car company is exclusively using a specific oil filter then it is best to stick to the brand.
- Check the makers of the oil filter your car has. Contact them and ask if they can provide you an alternative brand in case you cannot find the same maker. This could help you out too.
- In case you really don’t have a choice and if you don’t know what kind of oil filter to get, ASK. Your mechanic can help determine the type of oil filter to use. You can also ask friends or family members for suggestions. Trust me, it’s not wrong to ask and admit that you don’t know anything about it.
- You can also contact customer service and ask for options or suggestions.
- Lastly, read about oil filters. There are plenty of write ups and articles that you can read online. These will help educate you and give you better insight on the kind of oil filters to get. Customer reviews can also help as they are first hand experiences. They can also teach you what brands of oil filter to avoid and what brands can work best for your car.
So there you go, five of the best oil filters that you can get in the market today. They are highly recommended by customers too so you might as well check them out. Make sure also to read about other oil filters and how they work; you might just find the right one for you. We hope that you find this article helpful, enjoy!