Cars make our lives much easier. So either we go to work, school or out on a road trip, cars can take us anywhere.
With the number of people using your car or places it has been, certain odors eventually build up in the long run. This could be unpleasant and unappealing;
So in order to avoid this situation, you need to keep it in good condition and of course, have it cleaned and smelling fresh. In order to give your car a kick of freshness, finding the best car air freshener should be on top of your list.
To do that, we have gathered the top five car air freshener for you to choose from as well as tips that are helpful in keeping your car clean and fresh.
What is a car air freshener?
The most popular brand of car air freshener is Little Trees which have been in the market since 1954 were the first ones to come up with the idea of car air freshener in shape of trees which you can normally see among cars.
But newer car air fresheners these days now come in wide selections which the consumers can pick from. Basically, car air fresheners are made of chemicals that result to various scents that leave the car smelling fresh and clean.
The main ingredients are not entirely disclosed but it is a fact that a lot of people have been using them in order to keep their cars smell good and free from odors.
Top 5 Best Car Air Freshener to Buy With Reviews
Now before you pick a car air freshener, let us introduce to you the top five that is deemed to be the top picks of car owners.
1. Little-Trees Black Ice Little Tree Air Freshener
As I have mentioned earlier, Little Trees has been around for a while making these products and when it comes to best air fresheners, they have one of the best.
The Black Ice is not as long lasting as the first two but they can be bought by packs, specifically 24 pieces of them. So even if they are not as long lasting, you can definitely use another after you are done with one. They are also helpful in absorbing the odors of your car and they can last for at least two weeks. So that’s definitely a good deal to have.
- They are sold in packs.
- They can leave your car smelling fresh and clean.
- It’s affordable.
- The scent can last for a while.
- The scent may be too strong for others.
- It gives you headache if you are not used to the strong scent.
- Each Little Tree may not be as strong as the others inside the pack. They can only last for about a week or a day depending on the scent.
2. Ozium Glycol-Ized Professional Air Sanitizer / Freshener Original Scent
Car air fresheners are important and if you want something that is safe to use then this is the one you need. This is a company known for being one of the best when it comes to products like this.
Their product, Ozium Glycol-Ized is created to help eliminate any unpleasant smoke and smell in your car while keeping you safe as it fights germs and other airborne bacteria. So if you are looking for the right kind of air freshener for your car then you need not to look further as this is simply on the top of many people’s list.
- It can eliminate the smell quickly and can last for a long time.
- It can keep your car smelling clean and gingery.
- It’s a good deal for your money.
- Customers love that it is an effective odor eliminator in the market.
- Smaller than the actual size in pictures.
- Some customers complain about the fragrance of this air freshener.
3. Chemical Guys AIR10116 New Car Smell Premium Air Freshener and Odor Eliminator
Is basically designed to copy the smell of a new car thanks to its very concentrate ingredients. If you like that kind of smell then this is the car air freshener for you.
Since it is concentrated you need to dilute it first before use so that the concentrated composition can last. The amount you use will also depend on how strong the odor of your car air freshener you want to be. It is very helpful in removing and eliminating unwanted odors that may cause your car to smell awful.
- It is concentrated so you can determine how much you want to use.
- A bottle of this product can be used in 2 gallons of distilled water and can last for weeks of use.
- You only need one spray for your entire car.
- Saves you money.
- It has a long lasting smell.
- Since it is concentrated, you need to dilute it. Lots of work compared to just spraying your car with an air freshener immediately.
- Some people don’t really like the smell.
4. Febreze Car Vent-Clip Air Fresheners
When it comes to scent, Febreze is the best however they may not be that strong as others but it is also a good thing. This is because they are designed to help eliminate odor without giving off too much scent that could cause headache and other side effects to the car owner.
Instead, they leave a faint smell that isn’t too harsh on the nose. So if you prefer a subtle smell for your car then this is the one for you.
- It is sold in four per pack.
- It can help you save money.
- It can leave your car smelling fresh instantly.
- It’s a good deal if you are looking for something that isn’t too strong.
- It does not last 30 days as advertised.
- It can only last for a week.
- It may be a bit weaker for someone who is looking for a strong smelling car air freshener.
5. Air Spencer CS-X3 Squash Scent Air Freshener
Air Spencer is one of those companies that create great car air fresheners. Their products can last as long as four weeks once opened and can be hung in the mirror or dashboard of your car. It is also made to be refillable so you don’t have to buy a new one every time. This can definitely help you save money.
- It can last four weeks.
- It has a scent similar to squash.
- It is refillable.
- It looks good for an air freshener.
- It is easy to use.
- It can help you save money.
- It smells great.
- It has a strong scent.
- Only lasts for two weeks.
Pick the Right Air Freshener
Yes there are certainly A LOT of car air fresheners in the market and it is important that you pick the right one. If you are someone who is sensitive to smell then choosing the light scented air fresheners will suit you best.
However if you don’t have any medical condition that contraindicates you from picking strong scented car air fresheners then go ahead and pick whatever you like.
Although car air fresheners are very helpful in eliminating odors in your car, there are also downsides to them. Studies have shown that there are chemicals in these products that may cause health problems if used often.
Some of the most common symptoms that you are already affected by the toxins that car air fresheners have includes:
- Allergic reactions
- Chest pains
- Weak immune system
- Breathing difficulties
These are just some of the bad side effects of these products that even the best car air fresheners may cause. Worst case scenario is that these can cause nervous system diseases as well as cancer. So what do you do?
Although it is a need to use car air fresheners, there are also other ways to eliminate odor from your car. You can go organic! Check out places or websites that sell organic car air fresheners as they are safer to use compared to ones made with toxic ingredients.
You can also remove the car seat covers (if you can) and have it cleaned. Washing them regularly will help remove sticky odors. In case you are someone who smokes then by all means, don’t smoke inside your car. Cigarette smoke is among the most common odors that stick inside your car so avoid this if you can.
Yes you can use car air fresheners but always consider the end results especially if you are someone who has certain medical condition. You can always find other ways to keep your car smelling fresh without the use of air fresheners; they may cause you extra work but if you care about your health then you need to do what you have to.
Of course you can always choose from the top five picks we have either way the end result is always up to you. Just make sure that you have read the pros and cons and considered the side effects on your health. So go ahead and pick one, good luck!
Interesting articles you may like: